Prague celebrates International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

First, today is a sad day since my Cowboys lost a game they REALLY should have won. Otherwise, this week has been great. Tim got a full time job and soon we'll both be raking in the money. We get a long weekend thanks to a Czech holiday this coming monday. Hopefully we can do a little traveling during that time.

Saturday night was great. A bunch of my friends and I went to a wine tasting and free outdoor concert in a city park. I have no idea if the wine was good (I arrived late) but the music was hilariously fun. The first band was a kind of silly techno group and the lead singer had a pirate bandana on in honor of international talk like a pirate day (one of my favorite holidays for the obvious reason that you get to TALK LIKE A PIRATE all day). Then they had a fire dancer for the intermission and then a Latino Salsa band. So we had a park full of people merrily drinking and dancing. It was so fun. We all danced the whole time they played.

Work continues to go well. I'm becoming a better and more thorough teacher every day. I'm continuing to pick up new classes and so far I love all my groups. The students are all adults, who are strongly motivated to learn and a pleasure to teach.

To hold you over until the next update, here are some pictures from a recent tour of Prague. I went back to the Prague Castle to show it to a friend (it was still breathtaking). I also posted a few more pictures from my walk in a park that was off the beaten path and one of a dinner out with the guys.

Dinner at a Mexican food place with friends. You'd almost think I never left Texas. (From left to right: Josh, Dave, Tim, Me)

The Cathedral found a new way to be stunning for my 2nd visit.

The Vltava River which bisects Prague.

More lovely countryside (except this is still in the city)

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner