Birthday in the past, Japan in the future

Erik and I at Woljeong Beach on my birthday

First, thanks for the various birthday wishes I got last week.  After about age 12, birthdays aren't a big deal anymore but it's still nice to be remembered :)  And for those who are curious, yes it was a good day.  A little time at school, then Erik and I met up at the beach for a while, then a big dinner and hanging out after.

Now that my friend Jason has returned, we have agreed to go to Japan the 2nd weekend in September for 4 days (I know it's not enough time but we don't have choice).  We'll be visiting Osaka and Kyoto, following the advice of Erik who lived there for 4 years.  A little expensive but should be fun and definitely worth it (since Japan will never again be a mere 2 hour flight away)


On a random note, we had a typhoon hit us Sunday.  Christian, Erik and I thought about trying to go bodysurfing ... until we looked outside and our sanity kicked in.  But the sad/good part was, it was still no worse than a strong Texas thunderstorm (howling wind, rain pouring sideways, less lightning actually).  Other than that, I continue to love working in a public school in summer.  Having your hours significantly reduced for a month is certainly a nice perk.  For now i'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I have no idea what he's doing but it makes me laugh

Clearly this beach isn't on the tourist maps
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner